The Prophet -sallAllâhu ‘alaihi wassallam- said: “Friday is the master of days, and the greatest of them before Allâh. It is greater before Allâh than the day of al-Adha and the day of al-Fitr. It has five characteristics:
1. On this day Allâh created Adam -’alaihissallam,
2. On it He sent Adam -’alaihissallam- down to the earth,
3. On it Allâh caused Adam -’alaihissallam- to die,
4. On it there is a time when a person does not ask Allâh for anything but He gives it to him, so long as he does not ask for anything haraam, and
5. On it the Hour will begin.
There is no angel who is close to Allâh, no heaven, no earth, no wind, no mountain and no sea that does not fear Friday.”
[Narrated by Ibn Maajah; 1084; Classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 2279]